Covid-19 Health & Safety Protocols
Health and Safety:
The Harbour View Inn ("Hotel") we are entirely focused on the experience of our guests and our priority, always, is your health and safety. Now, more than ever, considering the evolving COVID-19 (Coronavirus) situation, we are focused on the health and safety of all our guests and employees, without compromising the quality of your experience when you stay with us.
We are adhering to the latest information, protocols and tools from the world’s leading health experts and government authorities – including the World Health Organization, the Centers for Disease Control as well as state and county officials– to maximize the effectiveness of our response.
We have taken precautionary measures to ensure your wellbeing, along with that of your fellow travelers and our employees.
- We have established enhanced sanitization, disinfection and cleaning procedures. We will continue to use products that not only clean surfaces but disinfect these surfaces.
- In partnership with our cleaning and chemical supplier we are using EPA approved chemicals and disinfectants to stop the spread of the Coronavirus.
- Frequent touch areas are those areas in the hotel used or touched most often by our staff and guests. We have enhanced our cleaning procedures to increase the level of frequency that these areas are cleaned and disinfected.
- We have implemented employee health screening based on the guidance of local, state and county health authorities.
- We have installed Plexiglass shields at our guest contact desks.
- We have established safe distancing markers at guest contact desks to help our guests practice safe social distancing.
- We are asking guests to limit the use of our elevators to only those people in the same household and we have established safe distancing markers at elevator landings.
- We have installed hand sanitizing stations throughout the property.
- Our employees are wearing face masks and practicing social distancing to help stop the spread of the virus.
- Hotel guestrooms will remain out of order for three days following guest departure whenever possible.
- Signage has been placed in public areas to remind guests to practice social distancing, wash their hands often and thoroughly and we encourage guests to wear face masks.
- We have re-emphasized our standard practices around food handling. All food service staff have completed ServSafe Training. The hotel will continue to implement training aids provided by state and county officials, The Food and Drug Administration, EcoLab and the Michigan Restaurant and Lodging Association.
- Breakfast items will be served individually wrapped or in packaged containers for consumption in your guestroom or public areas while practicing social distancing.
The Harbour View Inn ("Hotel") uses commercially reasonable efforts to comply with industry standards for cleaning regarding COVID-19. Guests understand the hazards of COVID-19 and accept responsibility for following CDC and local government recommendations regarding COVID-19, including handwashing, face covering and social distancing. Guests agree to notify Hotel immediately if they (or anyone in their travel party) show any symptoms of COVID-19, or have knowingly been exposed to anyone with a confirmed case of COVID-19 within fourteen (14) days prior to check-in date. Notwithstanding the risks associated with COVID-19, guests willingly choose to stay in the Hotel. Guest hereby release and agree not to sue Hotel or its owners, officers, directors, agents, employees, or assigns for any liability, including injury, disablement or disability, death, loss of income, or expenses related directly or indirectly to COVID-19 which occur(s) as a result of their stay in the Hotel. This release applies to all persons permitted to visit or stay in the guest’s room, or meet with guest in the hotel, including minor children.
The hotel is committed to reducing the risk of virus infection from all levels. We will provide on-going training to our staff to include the most stringent disinfection procedures to help eliminate any possibility of virus survival in food prep and storage areas, general object surface disinfection procedures, proper handwashing techniques, proper use of face masks and social distancing.
In addition to these measures, we encourage you to learn more about what you can do to travel safely. We encourage you to visit the World Health Organization https://www.who.int/ or the Centers for Disease Control https://www.cdc.gov/ to learn more about what you can do to stay safe.